README How to enumerate OLE DB data sources (OLE DB)
Updated: 17 July 2006
Shows how to use the enumerator object to list the data sources available. This sample is not supported on IA64.
For more information on this sample, see How to enumerate OLE DB data sources (OLE DB)
in Books Online.
This sample uses Visual C++.
Before running this sample, make sure the following software is installed:
- SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (SQL Server Express) including Database Engine. You can download SQL Server Express from the Microsoft Download Center.
- The AdventureWorks database which is included with SQL Server 2005, and is also available at the Microsoft SQL Server Developer Center.
- The SQL Server 2005 Database Engine samples. These samples are included with SQL Server 2005. You can download the latest version of the samples at the Microsoft SQL Server Developer Center.
.NET Framework SDK 2.0 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. You can obtain .NET Framework SDK free of charge. See Installing the .NET Framework SDK
Building the Sample
- If you are using Visual Studio, load the ListDataSourcesWithEnumerator.sln file and build it.
- If you are using MSBuild.exe, invoke MSBuild.exe at a command prompt, passing it the ListDataSourcesWithEnumerator.sln file: * MSBuild ListDataSourcesWithEnumerator.sln *
Running the Sample
- From Visual Studio, invoke Start Without Debugging (CTRL+F5).
- If you built with MSBuild.exe, invoke ListDataSourcesWithEnumerator.exe.
| Release || History |
| 17 July 2006 || Changed content: Clarified and updated prerequisites including the Web site for downloading the samples. |
© 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.