Readme_Enumerating OLE DB Data Sources
This sample works only with SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008. It will not work with any version of SQL Server earlier than SQL Server 2005.
Shows how to use the enumerator object to list the data sources available. This sample is not supported on IA64.
SQL Server samples and sample databases must be downloaded and installed before you can view or work with them. For more information, see Considerations for Installing SQL Server Samples and Sample Databases
For more information on this sample, see How to: Enumerate OLE DB Data Sources (OLE DB)
in Books Online.
This sample uses Visual C++.
Before running this sample, make sure the following software is installed:
Building the Sample
- If you are using Visual Studio, load the ListDataSourcesWithEnumerator.sln file and build it.
- Make sure your INCLUDE environment variable includes the directory that contains sqlncli.h.
- If you are using MSBuild.exe, invoke MSBuild.exe at a command prompt, passing it the ListDataSourcesWithEnumerator.sln file: * MSBuild ListDataSourcesWithEnumerator.sln *
Running the Sample
- From Visual Studio, invoke Start Without Debugging (CTRL+F5).
- If you built with MSBuild.exe, invoke ListDataSourcesWithEnumerator.exe.
Data Access Samples
Help and Information
- Getting SQL Server 2008 Assistance* © 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.