Readme_Retrieving Data from a FILESTREAM Column Using ISequentialStream (OLE DB)
This sample works only with SQL Server 2008. It will not work with any version of SQL Server earlier than SQL Server 2008.
This sample shows uses an ISequentialStream
interface in an ICommandText
interface to retrieve a single record from a Filestream column.
SQL Server samples and sample databases must be downloaded and installed before you can view or work with them. For more information, see Considerations for Installing SQL Server Samples and Sample Databases
For more information on the Filestream feature, see FILESTREAM Support (OLE DB)
in Books Online.
This sample uses Visual C++.
Before running this sample, make sure the following software is installed:
- SQL Server or SQL Server Express including Database Engine. You can download SQL Server Express from the Microsoft Download Center.
- The AdventureWorks database that is available at the Microsoft SQL Server Developer Center.
- The SQL Server Database Engine samples that are available at the Microsoft SQL Server Developer Center.
- .NET Framework SDK 2.0 (or later) or Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (or later). You can obtain .NET Framework SDK free of charge. See Installing the .NET Framework Documentation.
Building the Sample
- Make sure your INCLUDE environment variable includes the directory that contains sqlncli.h.
- If you are using Visual Studio, load the ICommandDownload.sln file and build it.
- If you are using MSBuild.exe, invoke MSBuild.exe at a command prompt, passing it the ICommandDownload.sln file: * MSBuild ICommandDownload.sln *
Running the Sample
Use the ICommandUpload (Readme_Sending Data to a FILESTREAM Column Using ISequentialStream Bound to ICommandText Parameter (OLE DB)
) or IRowsetFastLoadUpload (Readme_Sending Data to a FILESTREAM Column Using IRowsetFastUpload (OLE DB)
) Filestream samples to create the table that this sample reads from.
When this sample is run, you must pass a server name (or server\instance_name).
From Visual Studio, invoke Start Without Debugging
If you built with MSBuild.exe, invoke ICommandDownload.exe.
Data Access Samples
Help and Information
- Getting SQL Server 2008 Assistance* © 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.